Strength in Numbers
Group counselling offers survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault support and counselling in a group setting. It is offered in the evening, once a week for two hours, over a twelve-week period.
The groups are for either men or women; we do not offer mixed groups.
Groups have to have a specific number of people in order for it to run. If you are interested in participating in a group counselling session, contact CCASA at 403-237-5888 and your name will be added to the waitlist.
You will be contacted when there are enough people for a group and invited to meet with a CCASA counsellor to determine with you whether group counselling is best to meet your needs.
Groups offered include:
- Adult female survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Adult female survivors of sexual assault.
- Adult female survivors of childhood sexual abuse who have also experienced domestic violence in their adult relationship(s).
- Male survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Male survivors of sexual violence.
* There is a small fee for group counselling although no individual will be turned away if they cannot afford the fee.
For more information on group counselling please call 403-237-5888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.