Support Counselor – Sexual Assault Response Team (On Call/Casual)
CCASA is an agency that offers sexual abuse and sexual assault crisis intervention, counselling, education, police and court support, and advocacy services that enhance and promote the health and well-being of all people and the healthy recovery from all forms of sexual violence. The agency’s values, philosophy, and understanding of the existence of sexual abuse and sexual assault is grounded in an anti-oppression philosophy and context which directly guides and shapes all forms of service delivery the agency offers to the community.
- Responding to and supporting disclosures of sexual abuse/assault in a trauma informed, professional and supportive manner
- Completing thorough assessments regarding suicide risk, domestic violence, children at risk and shelter safety
- Providing crisis support, information, advocacy and referrals
- Working collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines
- A degree in social/human services with a minimum of two years related work experience
- Possess an anti-oppressive/feminist analysis of sexual violence
- Strong assessment and crisis intervention skills
- Understanding of trauma informed practice
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to build professional relationships within a multi-disciplinary team
Please visit our website at www.calgarycasa.com for more information about our programs and services.
CCASA recognizes that Calgary is a very diverse city and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our organization. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Send cover letters and resumes by March 25, 2020 to:
Call Out Team Lead
7th Floor – 910 7th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N8
Please reference “Sexual Violence Support Counsellor” in the subject line and cover letter
No Phone Calls Please
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.