Sexual Violence Support Counsellor
Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA) is the primary sexual violence service provider for Calgary and surrounding areas. CCASA is excited to announce that we are hiring a full-time Sexual Violence Support Counsellor.
In this role Support Counsellors will provide crisis intervention, information, support, advocacy, and referrals, both over the phone and in person to clients accessing our services. We are looking for a compassionate, dynamic and flexible individual who is able to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
Responsibilities of the Sexual Violence Support Counsellor will include:
- Providing support and crisis intervention to individuals accessing both CCASA’s Support and Information Line as well as the Sexual Violence Provincial One Line via phone, text, and online chat
- Providing crisis intervention and support in person, as a member of the Calgary Sexual Assault Response
- Team (CSART), to individuals who have experienced sexual assault within the last 96 hours
- Responding to and supporting disclosures of sexual abuse/assault in a professional and supportive manner
- Completing thorough risk and needs assessments
- Providing information, advocacy and referrals as well as assistance with system navigation
- Providing consultation and information to professionals and other community members
- Working collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines
- Contributing to and maintaining a strong referral database
- Completing required administrative tasks including data entry and documentation
- Other duties as required
- *Successful candidates will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Work or other degree in human services with related work experience; a diploma in Social Work with related work experience may be considered
- Possess an anti-oppressive/feminist analysis of sexual violence
- Strong assessment and crisis intervention skills
- Demonstrated effective communication, advocacy and rapport building skills
- Knowledge of systems and community resources within Calgary and surrounding areas
- Ability to build professional relationships within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong multi-tasking skills and a high level of organization
- Creative problem solving skills and an ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of Alberta College of Social Workers Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Must be registered if degree or diploma falls under a regulatory body
- Must have access to a vehicle
Please visit our website at www.calgarycasa.com for more information about our programs and services.
CCASA recognizes that Calgary is a very diverse city and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our organization. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Send cover letters and resumes by December 2, 2019, to:
Clinical Supervisor, Support Counsellor and CSART
7th Floor – 910 7th Avenue SW – Northland Building
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N8
Please reference “Sexual Violence Support Counsellor” in the subject line and cover letter
No phone calls or emails please
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.