Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA) is the primary sexual violence service provider for Calgary and surrounding areas. We are looking for an experienced, innovative and creative individual to be part of our dynamic team and organization. This is a full time Communications Specialist position that will assist the organization in the development of proactive and effective communications for CCASA. This includes providing technical expertise and practical design skills in the development and maintenance of various CCASA communication products, promotion of the agency’s brand identity and public image, and acts as a resource for fundraising/funding initiatives.
- Collaborate in creating and implementing communications plans and strategies
- Create and coordinate content for multiple media channels (social media, website, newsletter, etc.)
- Assist in coordination of fundraising and awareness events/activities
- Assist with writing, editing and preparing all types of communication and marketing materials for internal and external use
- Represent CCASA on community committees that are relevant to CCASA communication work
- Ensure consistent branding through adherence to CCASA visual and content standards
- Track and report communication metrics and analytics
- Field inquiries from media, community members, etc.
- Edit, review, submit and monitor CCASA job postings
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education with a focus on communications, professional writing, journalism, public relations or similar
- 2-4 years direct non-profit experience in a communications or marketing role
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents, and presentations, as well as the skills to support website maintenance (Adobe Suite, MS Office, Wordpress, etc.)
- An understanding and comfort with issues relating to sexual harassment, sexual abuse, and sexual assault
- Ability to build authentic relationships, and work with community, professional services, and individuals
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing demands
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, and have strong self-reflection skills
- Experience in a small environment and being responsible for multiple tasks
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work under pressure and respond nimbly to deadlines
CCASA recognizes that Calgary is a diverse city and we are committed to reflecting that diversity in our organization. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
CCASA offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Please include salary range expectation on cover letter
E-mail, mail or fax resumes with cover letters by 10:00 am November 15, 2019 to:
910 – 7th Avenue SW (Northland Building),
Calgary, AB T2P-3N8
Fax: (403) 264-8355
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.